ID101 OEM Visible Photon Counter
MINIATURE PHOTON COUNTER FOR OEM APPLICATIONS
- OEM free-running
- 35% quantum efficiency
- Compact & reliable
- Cost efficient
- Time-correlated single photon counting TCSPC
- Fluorescence and luminescence detection
- Single molecule detection, DNA sequencing
- Fluorescence correlation spectroscopy
- Flow cytometry, spectrophotometry
- Quantum cryptography, quantum optics
- Laser scanning microscopy
- Adaptive optics
- Particle physics
- Dynamic light scattering (DLS)
Intended for large-volume OEM applications, the ID101 is the smallest, most reliable and most efficient single-photon detector on the market. It consists of a CMOS (Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor) silicon chip packaged in a standard TO5-8pin header with a transparent window cap.
The chip combines either a 20 μm (ID101-20) or a 50 μm diameter (ID101-50) single-photon avalanche diode and a fast active quenching circuit, which guarantees a deadtime of less than 50 ns. The chip is mounted on top of a single-stage thermoelectric cooler (TEC). Three fibre-coupled versions, the ID101-SMF20, the ID101-MMF50 and the ID101-MMF100 are also available.
The maximum photon detection probability is measured in the blue spectral range (35% at 500 nm). An outstanding timing resolution of less than 60 ps allows high accuracy measurements. The performance of the ID101 detectors is comparable to that of the ID100-20 and ID100-50 modules.
The ID101 can be mounted on a printed circuit board and integrated in apparatuses such as spectrometers or microscopes. The module is used in biological/chemical instrumentation, quantum optics, aerospace and defense applications. Contrary to legacy photomultiplier tubes (PMTs) and other silicon-based counters manufactured with non-standard custom process, the ID101 detector is fabricated using a qualified commercial CMOS process, which guarantees high reliability.
- Best-in-class timing resolution (40ps)
- Low dead time (45ns)
- Small IRF shift at high count rates
- Peak photon detection at λ = 500nm
- Active area diameter of 20μm or 50μm
- Free-space, singlemode or multimode fibre coupling
- Not damaged by strong illumination
- Integrated thermoelectric cooler and thermistor
- Smallest and most reliable SPD on the market
- Easy to integrate