Gemalto has partnered with ID Quantique to provide high-assurance key protection backed by quantum randomness. The joint solution combines the SafeNet Luna Network Hardware Security Module (HSM) backed by AIS31 validated quantum random number generation.
Generating unique and truly random numbers with ID Quantique’s Quantis Quantum Random Number Generator (QNRG) appliance, together with Gemalto’s SafeNet Luna Network Hardware Security Module (HSM) high-assurance key protection appliances, is a powerful combination to securing an enterprise. This high entropy and secure key storage solution addresses critical applications where high quality random numbers are absolutely vital such as: cryptographic services; numerical simulations; cloud; compliance; gaming; and IoT-scale device authentication and managed end-to-end encryption.
- Best cryptographic practices mixing two non-correlated randomness sources for stronger keys
- Secure quantum-powered solution with market leading HSMs and QRNG
- Multi-layered approach to HSM security with FIPS 140-2-validated hardware
- Higher resistance to brute force attacks with an additional layer of quantum-level RNG security
- Meet wider compliance requirements (FIPS/AIS31 level TPG.3-validated randomness)
How the Solution Works
- The Luna HSM and Quantis Appliance are linked across a Local Area Network (LAN), where after:
- ID Quantique enables direct seeding of the SafeNet Luna HSM with strong quantum entropy
- Quantis Appliance is configured to deliver a chosen rate of random numbers to the HSM
- The SafeNet Luna HSM, using the quantum random source, generates and stores key material in a tamper-resistant FIPS validated hardware root of trust and performs crypto operations